ZEROSPAM Security is a private corporation, registered in the province of Quebec, Canada and can be contacted at 2-6415 Av des Ecores Montreal, QC Canada H2G 2J6
ZEROSPAM respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our Web site only in the ways disclosed in this statement. We never resell your information to third parties in any way shape or form. This statement applies solely to information collected on our Web site(s).
We may collect information through our Web properties at several points.We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name, job title and email address
- You company’s name and physical address
- Your professional phone number
- Information you choose to provide us through our our services
We may collect additional information that could include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our site, the pages or features of our site which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms or actions taken, and the links on our site that you clicked on and other statistics.
If a visitor chooses, at its own discretion to perform an action such as downloading a document, asking for a quote or a call, or registering to a free trial then we may collect additional information such as your name, your email address, title and phone number.
What do we use your Personal Information for?
- To compile statistics and analysis about your and other customers’ use of our site and our services.
- To personalize your experience — improving our users’ experience, optimizing site performance and presenting relevant content to visitors.
- To improve our site and our services — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your Personal Information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — the email address you provide in forms or otherwise may be used to send you information, in response to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions, or to alert you of updates to protect your system from new types of online attacks and to send periodic emails containing information relevant to your account and the services you use.
- We may also use your Personal Information where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including to share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
Being a security company, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit or access your personal information including but not restricted to data encryption and access controls.
Sharing of your data
We will not share your data with any third parties other than our regional partners, and only for the express purpose of providing you with local support in your own time zone and/or language to configure, manage, and use our products, during the free trial period. Our partners are carefully selected and will not share your contact details with any third party.
You are always the owner of your information, and you can request it be corrected or deleted by emailing privacy at zerospam.ca. All requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible, in compliance with EU and Canadian law (which is in most cases more protective of your privacy than other jurisdictions).
If problems arise, users may contact us by email. We are committed to answering your privacy questions and resolving disputes. If you have any further questions about privacy or security, please contact us by sending an email at privacy at zerospam.ca
You have the right to have your personal information erased from our systems.
Respecting the PIPEDA Principles
- Accountability: ZEROSPAM assumes full responsibility for the preservation and protection of the personal information it is entrusted with. The Information Security Officer is responsible for making sure that the principles regarding the protection of personal information are respected and for responding to all requests for information.The Information Security Officer can be reached by writing to our offices located at 2-6415 des Ecores, Montreal, QC Canada H2G 2J6.
- Consent: Personal information is only collected if the person concerned is informed and agrees to the collection. There is implied consent authorizing ZEROSPAM to collect the name and email address of the individual when this individual makes a request for information, a service call or if they provide such information when completing a form on our website.
- Limiting Collection: Only the personal information necessary for a given purposes will be collected.
- Limiting the Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: Personal information will only be used or communicated for the purpose for which it was collected, unless consent for other uses has been obtained or it is permitted or required by law. Personal information is retained only as long as required to ensure service delivery.
- Accuracy: The ZEROSPAM team ensures that the personal information held by the company is accurate, complete and as up to date as possible for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards: ZEROSPAM protects the personal information collected using the appropriate safeguards according to the level of sensitivity of the information obtained.
- Transparency: Information about our policies and practices regarding the management of personal information is available to anyone wishing to consult it on our website. It can also be sent to individuals who file a request.
- Individual Access: Anyone who requests it may access the personal information concerning them that is held by ZEROSPAM. ZEROSPAM will also provide information to anyone who requests it about the existence, use and communication of personal information that concerns them and that is held by the company. Anyone can dispute the accuracy and the extent of the personal information that concerns them and that is held by ZEROSPAM and, if they deem it necessary, can request that this information be corrected.
- Challenging Compliance: For all questions regarding the use of personal information held by ZEROSPAM and for any questions, comments or complaints about the principles described above, please contact us in writing at the following address:
Information Security Officer
2-6415 des Ecores
Montreal (QC) H2G 2J6
privacy at zerospam.ca
Anyone who deems that ZEROSPAM Security does not conform to the requirements put forth by the PIPEDA can file a written complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112, Kent Street
Place de Ville, Tower B, 3rd floor
Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 1H3
Telephone: (613) 995-8210
Toll free number: (800) 282-1376
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: (613) 947-6850
Changes to the ZEROSPAM Policy on Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information