What information do we collect?
Throughout our business relationship, we will collect personal information. This information will only be used by us in the context of this relationship. Here are some of the personal information we will be collecting:
- Your name, job title, and email address
- Your professional phone number
- Your company’s name, industry and physical address
- Your company’s domain names and number of users
- Technical specifications regarding your email servers and configurations
- Billing details
- Email metadata
We Do Not
Keep copies of your emails
Why do we collect this information?
We collect the above information to help us deliver the services to you. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To be able to set up and troubleshoot your email filtering.
- To be able to communicate with you for technical support, customer service, service configuration, service reliability, or billing purposes.
- To compile statistics and analysis about your use of our services.
- To improve our site and our services.
We Do NotSend marketing emails to technical support addresses.
Send marketing communications without your consent.
How do we protect your information?
As a security company, we take your personal information seriously. Here’s what we do to protect your information.
- Following the PIPEDA act (see below)
- Written guarantee of confidentiality.
- Limiting access to only those people that need access.
- Regular audits of information storage environments.
- Background checks
- Strict code of ethics
Who is your information shared with?
This list is going to be short, since we don’t share your information.
- If you choose to start a relationship with one of our Partners, we will share your contact information with the Partner.
- To comply with a legal obligation, including sharing information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
We Do NotShare (or sell) your information with advertisers.
Respecting the PIPEDA Principles
Being a Canadian company, we follow the appropriate laws. In this case, it’s the PIPEDA act. Here are the 10 fair information principles that sum up PIPEDA:
- Accountability: We assume full responsibility for the preservation and protection of your personal information. Our Information Security Officer is responsible for making sure that these principles are respected and for responding to all requests for information.
- Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: We clearly state the reasons behind the collection of each type of information and indicate how it will be used.
- Consent: Personal information is only collected if the person concerned is informed and agrees to the collection. Consent is implied throughout the duration of our business relationship.
- Limiting Collection: We’ll only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary for a given purpose.
- Limiting the Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: Personal information will only be used or communicated for the purpose for which it was collected, unless consent for other uses has been obtained or it is permitted or required by law. Personal information is retained only as long as required to ensure service delivery.
- Accuracy: We ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete, and as up to date as possible for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards: We protect the personal information we have collected using the appropriate safeguards according to the level of sensitivity of the information obtained.
- Transparency: Information about our policies and practices regarding the management of personal information is available to anyone wishing to consult it on our website. It can also be sent to individuals who file a request.
- Individual Access: Anyone who requests it may access the personal information concerning them that we hold. We can also provide information to anyone who requests it about the existence, use, and communication of personal information that concerns them and that is held by the company. Anyone can dispute the accuracy and the extent of the personal information that concerns them and that is held by us and can request that this information be corrected.
- Challenging Compliance: For all questions regarding the use of personal information held by Zerospam or for any questions, comments, or complaints about the principles described above, please contact us.