SPAM hits 90% of all email
02 November 2007
Right now, nine out of ten emails circulating the Internet are spam. This information is based on daily statistics collected from millions of messages filtered by ZEROSPAM’s infrastructure. Recently, peak levels have even reached 95%. Other IT security stakeholders have confirmed this high level of spam.
This unfortunate situation has considerably compromised businesses’ Internet capacity and availability. On top of email, Internet links are also used for other critical functions, such as browsing, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and online services.
Furthermore, new forms of spam have emerged and are consuming a much greater amount of bandwidth with PDF, Excel and MP3 attachments.
If a spam or phishing campaign is launched with a spoofed domain name, the problem can turn into a disaster. In such a scenario, the business’s spam-filtering solution will generate non-delivery notifications. These notifications will be sent by the millions to the firm’s gateway initiating what is called a "DSN Backscatter", flooding the spoofed domain, and thus seriously compromising its transmission capacity.
In the fight against spam, the only solution that eliminates threats before they reach the network perimeter is managed email filtering, which also frees up wasted Internet bandwidth.
- Réseau ACTION TI awards David Poellhuber the Quebec’s IT Personality of the Month title - 12 November 2009
- Improper use of SPF can make you block your own email - 29 June 2009
- IT budgets go further with SaaS applications! - 10 June 2008
- ZEROSPAM at the MIT SPAMCONFERENCE - 02 April 2008
- Minister Raymond Bachand meets the ZEROSPAM team at the Salon des TIC - 07 March 2008
- SPAM hits 90% of all email - 02 November 2007
- ZEROSPAM earns the trust of leading law firms - 01 August 2007
- ZEROSPAM puts an end to image spam thanks to Cloudmark's technology - 01 May 2007
- SPAM level hits 85% - 30 January 2007
- ZEROSPAM and K3 Media sign
quid pro quoagreement - 09 August 2006
- ZEROSPAM provides a temporary filtering service to the Quebec Chamber of Commerce - 07 August 2006
- An interview with David Poellhuber on CBC Radio - 21 October 2005
- ZEROSPAM's team detects a phishing attempt at the RBC Royal Bank - 29 September 2005
- The ZEROSPAM security team detects and stops a phishing attack targeting DESJARDINS.COM - 07 September 2005
- ZEROSPAM receives Octas 2005 award in the Business Solutions category - 30 May 2005
- Interview with David Poellhuber on CJAD - 31 March 2005
- The Gazette profiles spam exterminator business - 22 March 2005
- The SAQ chooses ZEROSPAM - 19 January 2005
- The Palais des congrès now blocks 98% of its spam thanks to ZEROSPAM - 17 January 2005
- Phishing is now the number one security threat for email users - 12 December 2004
- 70% of incoming mail is spam - 15 November 2004
- Seattle resident successfully sues spammer for $250,000 U.S. - 08 September 2004
- Spam is on the rise - 22 September 2003
- ZEROSPAM detects Sobig.F virus before it causes any damage - 19 September 2003
- Avoid having to pay for spam on your Blackberry! - 16 September 2003
Spamnow officially defined - 02 September 2003
- Osirusoft shut down by a Denial of Service (DOS) attack - 26 August 2003